So I've changed my mind... My mother would not be surprised at all.
I did a bit of my own research and found an online website creator that I immediately fell in love with. So I have transferred from using jimdo.com to wix.com. I used a pre-made template and did a bit of my own customising by using my prior knowledge of website developing to create something I am very proud of. My Social Learner page has now be created and finalised and I added a few other pages to make my website more accessible and user friendly.
On another point, I thought I'd share the experiences that I have had while studying at university this year. I can't believe the change I have experienced compared to my two years of studying Sports Science. I feel as though I fit in at uni now that I have transferred to Education. The people I have met have been so friendly and willing to help and I have enjoyed helping the other students, especially the ones that look like a deer in the headlights that have only just started uni. In addition to the great people that I am surrounded by I am also absolutely loving the content of this unit, and the Bachelor course as a whole. I have been introduced to so many ideas relating to teaching with technology, and it is encouraging me to think of ways I could use certain advancements in my own future teaching. Not only using current technologies but also thinking of my own ideas for new technologies that could assist in children's learning.
I really do believe I have found my true passion.