Week 2: What is even going on!?

Ugh. I feel so overwhelmed! This week in EDN113 we have been told more about our first assignment. Basically, I have to make an e-portfolio (a professional website all about me) a blog, and use a social networking site to help with a social situation. As an external student I'm worried that I'm not getting as much information to help with this assignment as internal students. I think I'm feeling that way because I'm not really understanding the elements as much as I would like to. In addition to other units I am studying, work, and personal commitments everything is just feeling a bit much at the moment!

I am a confident technology user but usually it is for personal purposes so I guess when I'm being assessed on it I don't find it so easy. I have made a professional website before for my mum's volunteering company so I am quite familiar with creating websites and all the tips and tricks. To make a site for myself in a professional light though is really tricky! It's so hard not to create something about yourself when you can't just speak how you would to your friends or family online, like Facebook.

I've decided to use Blogger for my blog site for the large range of customisation options but also for it's simplicity. I mentioned the customisable options because I find it's really important to add a personal element to your online profile, especially in a blog. I talked about my difficulty and confusion with creating my e-portfolio before but I feel the same with even professional site in regard to making sure you add personality to your site.

So my plan is to have my website up and running by my next blog post... if I don't go insane beforehand!